Sunday 29 July 2007

Didn't Go To Church Today

Following the example of some of my political friends at the National Assembly for Wales - especially Peter Black AM (Liberal Democrat) I have decided to give a go at blogging. So here goes...

I meant to go to church today but didn't. I started the day instead with a quick trip to the BBC's studios for Radio Cymru's Welsh language Bwrw Golwg program. I was really pleased to see two friends in the studio who are both doctors, Hefin Jones and Dewi Arwel Hughes. Neither would be of any use if I fell ill in the studio 'though. Hefin has a doctorate in something to do with bugs or biology I think. Dewi has a doctorate in something to do with God. I remembered being on a church conference with Hefin in Brussels a few years ago. He spotted an insect crawling across the dinner table. He instantly declared that it was a female. I still remember the look on his face after I quite nievely asked him how he knew. Dewi and I discussed the events at Skanda Vale during the week and Shambo the bullock's slaughter. The community there and those who farmed in that vicinity are still very much in my mind and prayers. So are the Welsh Assembly Government officials who were involved in the issue.

Dewi got involved in a debate on air about the differnce between a bull and a bullock. He should know something about the differnce. He wrote a book called Castrating Culture. It's a really good book on ethnicity and living on the margins.

1 comment:

SwampRabbit said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. You have a lot to say and you hold back too much. Nevermind the Bollocks...