Saturday 1 March 2008

Saint David's Day March

This afternoon I joined thousands of friends who came together in Cardiff to walk from City Hall to the Senedd building in Cardiff Bay to celebrate Saint David's Day. It was just brilliant to see so many from so many different background celebrate their Welshness in such a fantastic family friendly way. The organizers did a brilliant job.

Things have moved on so much in Wales. I can remember being on the second march some three years ago when a few hundred walked from Cathedral Road to City Hall.

I also got a mention in the Western Mail today for taking ICM to task. When responding to a poll last Sunday I was asked if I knew that Wales was governed by a Labour and a badly pronounced Plaid "Simroo" (Cymru) coalition. The apology was nice as was the commitment to take care with such things.

No comments: