Thursday 18 October 2007

Different Faiths

Today was spent on different faiths.

In the morning, the National Assembly's Faith Communities Forum met with the First Minister and other party leaders. It was a good meeting. So was the subsequent meeting of the Interfaith Council. That's when the faith leaders meet without the politicians.

I was given a chance to speak about religion and new Equalities and Human Rights Commission. I also had a chance to offer a comment on the place of the Welsh language as a strand. I enjoyed that.

With a close friend from the Muslim community I fulfilled a longstanding commitment to offer some training to Welsh Assembly Government officials on Christianity. My friend presented a history of Islam. It was good.

I closed the day on my exercise bike watching the Great Escape on DVD. I don't know how many times I have watched the film.

One of these days Steve McQueen as "Hilts" will actually make it over that barbed wire on his stolen motor bike. I wish!

No comments: