Sunday 2 December 2007

Floods

It was a rude awakening. All I could hear was water pouring.

This morning, the whole of the back garden was flooded. The water absolutely poured into the garden and almost reached the level of our kitchen door. That would have been serious bad news. I don't think I have ever seen so much rain.

It was at that stage that my genius of a neighbour got the idea that I should lift the cover off our manhole. It did the trick. It was like seeing the plug being taken off a giant sink.

I preached locally in the morning and went all the way to Rock Baptist Church near Llandrindod Wells in the evening. I was the guest speaker at their joint Advent service. God has a sense of humour!

Oh yes. Just one more little thing. Putin won the Russian election in a landslide.

No comments: