Wednesday 10 September 2008

Well Done Wales

I have been away for two days in Lampeter and Carmarthen with the Presbyterians and the Equalities and Human Rights Commission and its Wales Committee.

I listened to a lecture on John Calvin that was delivered very well by a much loved colleague from Liverpool, the Revd Dr D Ben Rees. I wish him well for the future and will hold him in my prayers as he receives some serious medical treatment. I'm still not keen on Calvin 'though! Just sometimes, I'm reminded of why I am an Anglican.

In between the two events I went swimming. Lord, it was cold in that swimming pool.

Wales deserved a draw tonight but went down 2:1 to Russia. Our Under 21's did brilliantly last night beating Roumania 3:0 away from home. Things look good for Welsh football.

No comments: