Monday 1 September 2008

Richard Schiff

I have always liked Richard Schiff. I know he's only an actor to most people, but he's a really good actor. He also played my favourite character in The West Wing. He's also a political activist.

I have plagiarised so many of his lines from the show during sermons and talks, you just won't believe it. Those of you who know me, know that I have.

In the Independent today he writes a clever article on how divided America is concerning the election. He's gone for Obama but his wife Sheila was impressed by him but not convinced. She's still considering McCain.

I was hoping that my hero could explain why his wife Sheila is still considering McCain. After all, she's not the only one. He's stumped but hopes that roses and champagne do their magic on election day. I don't think he's convinced.

The other political story of the day was the news that Sarah Palin's young daughter, Bristol, is going to have a baby. The blogs are as divides as the Schiff home. I just wish Bristol and her baby well. They have lives of their own to lead.

I have always worked on the principle that in public life, if you don't tell other people how to live their lives, you have the right to total privacy regarding your own. If you do tell others how to live their lives - look out for glass houses and stones! Regardless, Bristol's life is her own.

No comments: