Monday 6 October 2008

Hope for the Over Fifties

Sorry to be irritating about the thing but tonight I ran non stop for thirty minutes in the gym and rowed 5,000 meters. What's remarkable about that you may well ask?

I have never in my whole life been able to run for thirty minutes. I could sprint at school but only for some 15 seconds. This keeping fit stuff is really, really good. It also makes you really humble in a proud sort of way.

It gives me such a thrill to be able to do something at 53 that I could not do at 17 years old. To make life even better, I fit into the medium size Scarlets shirt my good wife got for my birthday. Gone are the extra large days - I hope. Mind you, I did try to sprint for 5 minutes and couldn't. Never mind, there's a lot of hope out there for the over fifties.

P.S. They will be electing a new Bishop of Bangor tomorrow. I'll pray for the electoral college and the man they chose. He might want to know how to run non stop for thirty minutes.


No comments: