Sunday 5 October 2008

Verdict: False

Today was a really nice day off to follow my birthday yesterday. I am now 53 years old, fit and happy. I did however eat far too much around my birthday.

Over the past 52 years I have worked with thousands of people. Most of them have, I trust, done a great deal of good. Some, especially from my Welsh speaking background went to prison for their non violent protests. I have also worked with pacifists who have broken the law because of their faith.

I dread to think what would happen if I was to be condemned for the things that others have done.

I tend to turn to CNN for the facts concerning the American election. This weekend, Sarah Palin attacked Obama for his brief political relationship with Bill Ayers, a founding member of the radical Weather Underground, which was involved in several bombings in the early 1970s, including attacks on the Pentagon and the Capitol. Obama was a child at the time of the bombings. I merely quote CNN's judgement on Palin's comments.

" Verdict: False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now "palling around," or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are."

I'll go with that!

No comments: