Saturday 30 August 2008

Most Hated Thing - Gardening

Over the past few hours I have done two of the things I hate most in life. I did some gardening and I did some of my tax returns. Yes, and let me make it clear, I really do prefer doing tax returns to gardening.

Aren't there tablets to help people who enjoy getting dirty, sweaty and tired in a garden? After all, tax returns have to be done, especially if you want a rebate. Come to think of it, I went to the dentist this week and he drilled my teeth. That's better than gardening.

But, I'd much rather watch Wales, Scarlets and Manchester United win. That's what Saturdays are really for.

P.S. - and for doing the sermon thing for Sundays! That's better than gardening as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good......

Rhetoric Innes said...

ach reverend... the amount of ministers of the church who have been inspired by natural history...

Aled Edwards said...

Hey - thanks for the comments. Don't get me wrong. I am inspired by natural history.. but it's much better if I look at it from a distance and don't have to do anything about keeping it tidy. God's gardens, if left alone, are brilliant.

Rhetoric Innes said...

i very much agree. I see wildness and unkempt place as more natural and more of the will of God, gardening is mans work