Tuesday 2 June 2009

The BNP and all that...

I have rarely felt so low about UK politics. I'm not alone in that feeling. Yet, I'm certain to vote on Thursday. Being able to vote, whatever I think about Westminster politics at the moment, is an activity I have no intention of compromising by not voting.

Some of us thought a great deal today about whether faith leaders in Wales should go public and seek to tell others not to vote for the BNP. Some very prominent Anglicans from England have already done so. They have that right to express their views.

I'd rather encourage everyone to vote and uphold an aspiration that Wales is a welcoming and diverse nation.

1 comment:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

can't speak for anywhere else, but maybe....maybe you don't have the problems that here in North Manchester we have?

We have a van doing the rounds with its announcements every day...unpleasant.
pray for us?