Friday 12 June 2009

USA

I treated myself to a day off today. I really must do it more often.

I went to London and spent some time in the American Embassy. It was all huge fun and of great interest. The welcome was also great. During the Obama campaign I warmed to the good people of Wisconsin. I'll go there one day if they'll let me in to the US again.

I'm still an Obama fan and rejoice in a lot of things that have happened since his Inauguration. It was good today to reflect a little more on Welsh politics.

I also went to see a film in Leicester Square later in the afternoon to kill some time. I wanted to see Looking for Eric now that Ronaldo has gone from my beloved Manchester United. They had this film on where a really bad guy, according to the Evening Standard, got his head blown up in a microwave right at the end.

I didn't know you could do that with a microwave. Regardless, I'm sure doing that is against some sort of clerical code of practice.

No comments: