Tuesday 11 September 2007

A Day in London

Having a little time to spare in London was nice today. I took advantage of the break to pop into Eurostar in Waterloo to see if I could arrange travel tickets for the weekend of the quarter finals in Marseilles the first week of October. I'm still working on that courtesy of a longstanding preaching engagement.

In the background everywhere today there was the memory of "9:11". That fateful day the world changed. It hasn't been the same since.

A taxi driver took me from Paddington to near the Barbican where the CRE's Croeso team were giving an account of their project to an awards panel. They were good on their race relations work in schools.

It's a pity they couldn't enlighten the taxi driver. Because he had been given a parking ticket just before picking me up he found a need to blame Ken Livingstone's plot to disenfranchise hard working white men of their rights.

Who said the CRE isn't needed?

No comments: