Thursday 9 August 2007

I'd Like to Fly

Lots of thing have happened this week. The Eisteddfod has been more than good. One highlight will however remain.

Every year "Aled Chips" takes two of the youngest members of the churches' team for chips. They are now six and nine. Over a diet coke, nuggets and a jumbo sausage a gang of three had a fantastic conversation about what we would all like to do next. A six year old girl wanted to fly. Being an adult, I wanted to know where she wanted to fly to. Lots of nice places in the world I thought. She looked at me as if I were daft and said very clearly: "In the sky".

This Eisteddfod has told many of us a great deal about where we come from. Probably, the Welsh speaking culture doesn't quite know where to go to next. Politcs has begun to change our lives. We have however started to fly again.

No comments: